Red Rice Poha Recipe: Poha is a popular breakfast option all across the country. Here is a healthier poha recipe made with red rice poha. It has poha made from red rice flakes that goes through less processing as compared to the other and has countless health benefits. This recipe of poha is cooked with peppers, button mushrooms, wild mushrooms, white wine and a burst of grated cheese on top that makes it irresistible.
Ingredients Of Red Rice Poha:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepper, chopped
- 3-4 button mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of wild mushrooms (with water)1 tbsp white wine1/2 Tomato (diced)
- 1 Sage leaf
- Rosemary leaves
- 1 cup Qidhan red rice flakes
- Few drops of truffle oil
- Put poha in hot boiling water for a few minutes till it is soft.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a pan saute the peppers and onions with sliced button mushrooms, wild mushrooms and the water from the hydrated mushrooms.
- Pour in the white wine to enhance the flavour. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 a chopped tomato. Add sage and rosemary.
- Add the poha and mix together.
- Serve with some grated cheese and a drizzle of truffle oil.